Terms of Service
Accommodation & Tours
These terms and conditions apply to all accommodation and tours made available by the Federal Group. By making booking for accommodation or tour, you warrant that you have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them subject to such changes as are notified to you from time to time. If the booking for accommodation and /or a tour is made through a third party, the terms and conditions of that third party also apply.
Where indicated, minimum stay conditions apply to accommodation options. The Federal Group will endeavour to provide the accommodation and tour but reserves the right to refuse requests for bookings or actual bookings due to insufficient or excessive numbers of requests. All accommodation is subject to availability. All tours are subject to availability, minimum participation requirements and prevailing weather conditions at the time of operation. A our may be cancelled up to the time of departure if it is the opinion of the tour operator that weather or any other conditions are such that it would be unsafe to conduct the tour. A full refund will be applicable in this event. Accommodation guests booking tours will have ticket prices charged to their room with full payment through the guaranteed credit card on departure.
All accommodation and tour bookings must be guaranteed at the time of reservation by provision of credit card details. Please be advised that a 2.2% non-refundable credit card surcharge is applicable to AMEX & Diners card only. By providing credit card details you warrant that you have the authority to use the credit card and you authorise the Federal Group to charge the cost of your booking to the credit card. You will not be charged for an accommodation booking prior to the date on which you are due to arrive and will not be charged for a tour booking until the date of the booked tour, see exceptions/deposit.
A $200.00 bond will be taken upon arrival, this can be collected via credit card or cash and will be refunded to you upon check out, please be aware if paying via credit card the refund may take up to 14 days to be reimbursed to your credit card.
- Some special packages/promotions/offers are non-changeable, non-refundable and non-cancellable with full prepayment required at time of booking (please refer to confirmation or rate plan information).
- In the event that the Federal Group or a third party operator cancels a tour you have booked then all monies paid for your booking will be refunded in full within 14 days of the date of cancellation. The liability of the Federal Group arising from any cancellations of accommodation or tour bookings by the Federal Group or a third party tour operator is limited to the amount paid for the cancelled booking.
Cancellation fees for accommodation at Wrest Point Hotel:
- 48 hours or more prior to arrival: Nil
- Less than 48 hours prior to arrival: a charge of one night’s tariff per room will be made.
Cancellation fees for tours and activities are as follows:
- 24 hours or more prior to scheduled tour start time: Nil
- Less than 24 hours prior to scheduled tour start time: full ticket price of tour/activity booked.
If a deposit has not been paid then cancellation fees will be charged to the credit card held as a guarantee. If a
deposit has been paid:
- and the amount of the deposit is more than the cancellation fee then the cancellation fee will be deducted from the deposit and the balance of the deposit will be refunded.
- and the amount of the deposit is less than the cancellation fee then the deposit will be taken in part payment of the cancellation fee and the balance of the cancellation fee will be charged to the credit card held as a guarantee. No refund will be given for any unused services or non-arrival.
Cancellations must be made by notifying the Federal Group Customer Contact Centre on 1800 420 155 between the hours of 8am and 7pm 7 days a week or by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your cancellation request has been received by the Federal Group Customer Contact Centre you will be sent an email to confirm the cancellation has been processed. If cancelling by phone a cancellation number must also be obtained.
Accommodation – Extra Guest and Child Policy
Rates are per room per night based on two person occupancy. Extra guests (12 yrs & over) are charged $40.00 per person per night for “room only” rates in existing bedding. Children 11 years and under will be charged an additional $20 per night (maximum of 2 children per room) if utilising existing bedding and if accompanied by a paying adult. Additional $40 for additional rollaway bed (not available in all room types).
One cot per room is available at $10 per stay. No extra person charge for children 2 & under.
The Federal Group, through Pure Tasmania, is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information that you provide.
Your personal information is primarily used for the purpose of registering your stay with us, booking an experience or responding to your request. If you do not provide us with this information, you will not be able to access the requested service. We will only disclose your personal information if it is necessary for the purpose of providing the products or services you request or complying with our legal obligations.
We will give you the opportunity to access the personal information we may hold about you and where necessary, correct any errors in this information (some restrictions and cost may apply).